E-Commerce | Dynamic | Database Web Sites
We provide both static html and database driven sites. Both have their advantages and disadvantages. Dynamic pages can offer improved functionality and the following advantages:
- Improved website content management such as information management about products, services, member lists, project information, events, calendars etc.
- The ability to automatically update website content without any technical knowledge; a database website can be built in such a way that the content of designated areas can be updated by the use of a browser based administration panel, remotely from anywhere with an Internet connection by someone with no training at all.
Database driven websites can benefit from interactive functions such as automatic management of product or services information, allowing people to register on the website for newsletters, tell a friend function, website searches and much more.
Database sites offer users up to date real time content that is regularly updated and sourced directly from your database.
Our extensive experience means that we are better equipped to understand your goals and in a commanding position to offer invaluable advice on how best to develop and use a database website. Our varied experience means that we can work with specific technological requirements or offer a choice of solutions that best suit your needs.
Contact us using the form below to tell us your requirements and we’ll be happy to come back to you to discuss how we can best transform your ideas into reality. Our philosophy is to listen closely whilst offering our experienced input where we feel it is needed.
If your business can benefit from the sale of your products or services on the internet then you will want to consider an e-commerce website that will allow you to trade on the internet.
An e-commerce website acts as a storefront for the sale of your products and services. A well designed ecommerce website should gently guide the client through the sales process with well laid out content and design.
Different businesses have differing requirements. But, from the site owner’s point view, a key element of a well designed ecommerce website should include at least a well designed Content Management System with some of the following functionality:
- Dynamic Shopping cart with facility to add / edit / remove items
- The ability to add surcharges to each item
- Addition of shipping charges
- Storage of purchased items on a database for sales reports
- Dedicated Control Panel giving exclusive rights to the Administrator
- To Add / Edit / Delete - Categories, Subcategories
- To Add / Edit / Delete – Items
- To generate sales reports
The type of e-commerce websites can range from low cost, out-of-the box storefronts to a fully customisable solution. We have built our reputation on ONLY designing customised solutions, as we strongly believe that since no two customers are the same, an out of the box template based e-commerce website is simply not a good choice.
We have come across too many customers who have set up a cheaper template based website, only to find later down the line that some desired changes to the website are impossible. So we concentrate on working closely with customers to understand their individual needs to develop a customised solution, whether that be a simple e-commerce website selling a few products to a much larger full on solution integrated with backend inventory control, accounting, sales, purchasing and so on.
If you want to sell products and services online, you will need to be able to accept credit cards. We can integrate your e-commerce website with the company of your choice to enable you to accept credit card orders in real time.
[ top of the page ]